Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Looking Back to the Year 2012

Wow, it is 2013 now!!! Oh wait, what about the doomsday saying? I never doubted the prediction by the Mayas but I never wished it is true.

There are quite a number of big happenings in the previous year.

I passed the almighty super duper legendary difficult used-to-be world's hardest exam, STPM. Although I am eligible to enter the public university, I could not get the course I wanted. Hence, I ended up entering IMU, a private university located in the capital of Malaysia. That meant my dream to pursue my tertiary study overseas did not come true. However, I am satisfied with what I own now. What I hope now is completing the four-year BPharm course smoothly. I technically migrated to KL and started my brand new life in the foreign city. As a new comer of the metropolitan and cosmopolitan city, my curiosity drove me to the further exploration of the concrete jungle.



In the privatized university, as what I expected, it homes people from the top of the social pyramid, many of them. Smartphones, tablets and some more high-end gadgets can be seen in every corner on campus. I admire, I envy or I jealous those who have the chance to complete their degrees overseas, or even the student exchanging programme.



Well, although I mentioned before, if I were given a chance to continue with post-graduate study, I will absolutely go for overseas. It is just a dream, I hope I am a dream catcher.



Dress code in IMU bothers me. I understand the importance of dressing professionally in order to look professionally but I do feel envy to other uni students who can wear casual to lectures. After months, I adapted the dressing 'habit', like finally. T-shirts used to be my favorite tops but I seldom wear it now. I am used to those chiffon, knitted style tops which I wear every day to attend lectures. I am addicted to those professional looking clothes. I have no idea whether my adaptation brings pros or cons buy I am just too afraid of being too mature looking.



I started wearing contact lens. I have never thought of that. What brought me to the new breakthrough? One of the reasons is the convenience measure when wearing goggles for laboratory practicals. The other reason might be, I might look slightly better without spectacles? Haha~ I found it troublesome initially but soon I adapted the presence of this crazy insane little invention. A friend of mine said I changed after entering university. I am not told whether the change means physically or internally. If I were to change internally, I hope I can be more sociable and take initiative to keep more friends. Meeting new friends is not a hard one, the main core problem is keeping good relationships with them. It is always an uneasy task for most of us, I think so. At least I think I am not the only sufferer.


To be continued...

No comments: